Blog Archive

BREAKING NEWS: GT the Guitarman Leaves Storm Records















"Leaving Storm Records is a natural result of an inner development. I signed a (three) 3 year deal with them in 2005, stayed on for aazn additional couple of years all the time I was growing within and trying to figure out how to take GT to the next level,” said the artist who now goes by the name GT in an exclusive to LadybrilleNigeria.

“The answer was/is Ember Entertainment. The time has come to lay the foundation for the future. I am grateful for the support I had and still have from Storm through the years. I had a wonderful time while I was with Storm. There might have been a lot of things I wasn’t satisfied with though, but that hasn’t changed my love and respect for Storm. They are an integral part of who I have become and without them I might not have matured creatively this quickly. Obi Asika is my Father and mentor.”




No doubt, this year in the entertaimnet anals of Nigeria will not be forgotten in a hurry...so many things have happened and keep happening...at least, until the year finally ends and 2010 sets in, you just can never be sure the next surprise or perhaps the breaking news that might hit your radip wave...

This year we’ve seen Kel leave Capital Records, Ikechukwu – Mo’Hits and now GT the Guitarman-Storm Records.

One thing that remains for suer is this; When it comes to labels, artists come and go. It is the nature of the business. But most important of all as an artist, you should look out for your best interests before, during and after you sign the dotted line.