Blog Archive

QUOTE: Rihanna Calls Katy Perry's Music "Generic Pop"!

Rihanna
Rihanna

Every song was tailored to me. I didn’t want the generic pop record that Ke$ha or Lady Gaga or Katy Perry would do. I wanted Rihanna songs only I could do
It doesn’t come as a surprise when somebody disses Lady Gaga. After all, everybody does it. But when somebody disses Katy Perry, that’s something new. Most of all when that person in Rihanna. We thought that Katy and Rihanna were friends. The ‘Rude Boy’ singer was even expected to be Katy’s maid of honor. But while promoting her new album ‘Loud’, Rihanna said her new project isn’t like Perry’s “generic pop”. “Every song was tailored to me. I didn’t want the generic pop record that Kesha or Lady Gaga or Katy Perry would do. I wanted Rihanna songs only I could do”, Rihanna said. Cat fight!